These delicious balls of chocolatey energy are my go to snack in between meals and workouts. Dates are a great natural sweetener for all sorts of different flavoured energy balls. My top three are apple and cinnamon, chocolate and coconut as well as carrot cake but the options are endless.
Prep Time 10 mins
- 80 grams cashew nuts or almonds
- 15 dates (pitted)
- 50g cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g desiccated coconut (plus extra for dusting)
- 50g dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- Put the nuts in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add the dates, cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, desiccated coconut and blend together. Stir through the chocolate pieces.
- Take a scoop of mixture and roll between your palms into a ball.
- Dust with coconut then repeat until you have 12 balls.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.