These tasty treats are ideal for training and so delicious that I made them twice in one week! A normal recipe would include lots of butter, sugar and maple syrup. To make them a little healthier, I have used honey and coconut oil as an alternative to sweeten and bind the flapjacks.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
110g coconut oil
350g rolled oats
50g ground almonds
100g desiccated coconut
100g frozen or fresh raspberries
1 tsp honey
(I used 9 inch square baking tray and baking paper)
- Heat the honey and coconut oil together in a large saucepan then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – oats, almonds, coconut – and stir.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the honey/coconut oil mix and stir thoroughly.
- Pour half the mixture into the bottom of the baking tray and press down flat using a wooden spoon until it is compact.
- Put in the oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 5 minutes whilst you make the raspberry puree. Add 100g raspberries to a pan with a splash of water and a teaspoon of honey. Heat and stir until you are left with a pulp.
- Remove the bottom layer from the oven, spread the raspberry puree evenly over the top then pour the remaining half of the oat mixture on top and compact down.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown on top.