1 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
50g red Thai curry paste (check the strength as they differ!)
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
1 x 400ml light coconut milk
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
100g peppers, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 fresh mango, peeled and cut into cubes
Juice of 1 lime,
Handful of basil, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or wok. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Next add the garlic and ginger and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and tomato puree and stir until onion mix is coated.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the sweet potato to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the peppers and continue to summer for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally stir through the chopped mango, lime juice and basil.
Serve with wholemeal rice and flatbread.